Hike the sidewalks left behind from a construction project halted by the Great Depression and experience nature’s comfort while in the embrace of the savanna, the wetland, and the prairie.
- An intimate oak savanna
- Large prairie that includes a prairie remnant
- Wetlands with frogs, crawfish, and other creatures.
- Birds, butterflies, and more
- May: Wild hyacinths in the savanna
- July: Culver’s root in the prairie
Best Times to Visit:
- Spring for savanna wildflowers
- All summer long for flower shows in the prairie
Learn more about Wolf Road Prairie from these websites:
- Save the Prairie Society
- Salt Creek Greenway Association
- Forest Preserves of Cook County
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources