This vast nature preserve offers a variety of habitats and miles of trails that will wind you through woodland and wetland, prairie and savanna, and along the splendid banks of Sawmill Creek.
- Woodlands, prairies, oak savanna, and Sawmill Creek,
- Large expanse and rolling terrain with lots to explore
- Miles of wide, well-groomed, gravel bicycling trails that curve through the preserve
- June: Grand show of false Solomon’s seal in the savanna
Best Times to Visit:
- Spring: woodland and savanna wildflowers
- Summer: prairie and savanna wildflowers throughout the season
- Fall: changing colors
- Winter: Beautiful after a snowfall
Learn more about Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve from these websites:
© 2016 – 2018, Mike MacDonald. All rights reserved.